Monday, February 13, 2012

UnCommon

Just this past weekend, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I had the most memorable nights of my life thus far. I went to a retreat with my church called UnCommon, and you would not believe the life change that happened there. God was working in every single person that was there. The messages that were spoken, the worship that we had twice a day, the intimate time we had with our small groups, it was all incredible. The thought of someone's life changing that dramatically in a matter of 3 days astounds me. The stories that I heard that weekend of people's lives and encounters with God were so inspiring. Sounds emotional right? Well of course it was. It was indescribable. As much as we needed it to be, it wasn't all just seriousness though. We had tons of fun. We went through obstacle courses, got extremely muddy and wet, and played Capture the glow stick in the pouring rain at night while it was cold. We had a bonfire, and had s'mores, and picked oranges while riding in the bed of a truck on a ranch! Or, at least a few of us did. But I think my favorite part was the worship times and intimacy of the small group talks. I love the chemistry you develop with everyone. There's just this feeling of trust and love that fills the air. It's like we all know that we're there for each other. Even if you don't know someone. I heard stories of people speaking to others that they didn't even know, and they told them some personal things. I love the trust that we develop. Another favorite thing of mine is, when we all finally got home, so many people got on facebook and posted about their experience at camp. It's amazing to read everyone's thoughts and feelings, and what they learned, and what they'll never forget. This was definitely a life change for me and so many other people. We are not meant to live the common life. We need to stand out as Christians, and well, be uncommon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment