Monday, October 17, 2011

Being a Helper

So Sunday, October 16, I went back to Next Level Church to see a few of my good friends get Baptized! And it turned out to be another amazing day, because I had the honor of helping my best friend make the decision to get Baptized. She had come to Church to see her two brothers get Baptized, but hadn't been planning on it herself. And every time pastor Matt spoke about there being no reason for anyone, to miss being baptized today, I would nudge and look over at her. She would just laugh and continue to listen to him speak. When the time came to go outside and watch the Baptisms begin, she looked at me and told me that she did want to be Baptized, but she wasn't sure it was the right time. So I told her to wait until she absolutely knew. A few minutes later, she smiled at me and told me she was sure. That she wanted to get Baptized. So we both ran inside, got her signed up, and she went into the bathroom to change. When she came out, I stood in line with her until it was almost her time, and the next thing I know *BAM* She was dunked. I am so incredibly proud of her, and to top it off, one of her brothers who had also been Baptized, got to participate and help Baptize his sister! That's so incredibly amazing!! The three siblings, all got baptized that day. That just makes my heart so happy! Lol. You know, I think the best part about it, was that she made that decision on short notice. I think the people that are spontaneous about getting Baptized, can sometimes mean the most. It was just another incredible day, at Next level Church. :)

1 comment: